Covid-19 Safety Measures
The Covid-19 pandemic has certainly changed all of our lives. Just as our own daily routines have changed, the routines within the dental office have evolved as well to assure the highest level of infection control. Auburn Dental follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). While many things are different, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety and the safety of our staff.
Daily Safe Practices
- Between each patient appointment and at the end of each day, all touch points in the operatory are wiped down with disinfectant approved by the EPA for Covid-19.
- Disposable plastics are used to cover equipment which is replaced for each patient.
- The reception area, bathroom and other public areas are sanitized frequently.
- Every week, the entire office is sprayed with EPA-approved disinfectant using an electrostatic fogger.
- A HEPPA medical-grade air purifier is in each operatory.
- Paperwork has been limited in the operatories.
- Auburn Dental staff are all screened twice a day for Covid-19 symptoms.
- Acrylic barriers have been placed between patients and office staff.
- The waiting room has been cleared of magazines and toys.
Scheduling and Arriving
- Appointment are spaced out so patients can maintain social distancing while in the office.
- Only patients are allowed in the office. Any necessary caregivers or guardians must be screened before accompanying the patient.
- Before the appointment, patients will be contacted by phone or text and screened for Covid-19 symptoms.
- Upon arrival, we ask that patients remain in their vehicles and notify the office by phone or text.
- Patients will have their temperature checked and screened again for Covid-19 symptoms.
- Everyone entering the office must wear a mask and use hand sanitizer.
- Unfortunately, when you are greeted there will be no handshaking or physical contact.
During your Treatment
- Patients must wear mask at all times except during an examination or procedure.
- Nitrous oxide for sedation is currently not provided.
- Blankets will no longer be provided, but please feel free to bring your own.
- Staff will wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including gloves, masks, protective eyewear and disposable jackets/gowns.
After your Treatment
After a patient comes in for an appointment, we ask that they let the office know if they experience any new signs or symptoms of COVID-19 within the next 2 days.
Welcome to Auburn Dental
Our office is fully open and have been actively seeing patients under these new guidelines. We welcome you to our office when you and your family are ready. As always, we value our patients trust and loyalty.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our office at 210-732-8880 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.